Men’s Pelvic Floor Issues
Men’s Pelvic Health
Find Relief for Your Pelvic Pain Today with the Help of Physical Therapy
Pelvic pain can be difficult and confusing to deal with for anybody. If you’re a man experiencing pelvic pain, you might have been passed from specialist to specialist only to be told that nothing out of the ordinary is going on with your body…but you know that’s far from the truth.
Men who are dealing with pelvic pain should know that it can be addressed and possibly fixed through pelvic floor rehabilitation at Schuster Physical Therapy in Jefferson, NC. Our physical therapists know how to treat all patients, regardless of gender. Contact our office in Jefferson, NC today for more information. Let us help you get your life back!
Common symptoms of pelvic floor issues
The symptoms of pelvic floor pain and/or dysfunction can vary depending on a multitude of factors. You might notice some days that you experience more pain than others. This painful condition has been linked to events that weaken the pelvic muscles or tear connective tissue.
If you read the list below and any of the symptoms ring a bell, visiting a pelvic health physical therapist in Jefferson, NC may be in your best interest!
- Aching or pain in your abdominal region
- Pain in the testicles, groin, or hip areas
- Burning sensations in the pelvic area
- Frequent need to urinate or incontinence
- Difficulty urinating
- Lower back pain
- Constipation, pain with bowel movements
At Schuster Physical Therapy, we know that the topic of pelvic health can be embarrassing for our patients to talk about, however, you are not alone. Rest assured that our skilled physical therapists are here to start the conversation of how to relieve your pelvic pain so you can enjoy your life, rather than continue living in discomfort.
What is causing my pelvic floor pain?
Pelvic floor dysfunction is defined by the inability to control the muscles of your pelvic floor. It can affect people of all genders and backgrounds, and there are several factors that may be causing your pelvic floor pain.
Below is a list of possible conditions you might have that a pelvic floor therapist can treat:
- Tight pelvic floor muscles. Did you know that your pelvic floor muscles can clench up? There are many reasons why this happens, such as injury, operations, lifting heavy objects, stress, scar tissue, a sedentary lifestyle, etc) but thankfully, a Jefferson, NC physical therapist can help determine exactly what is causing your pain and how you can prevent it in the future.
- Prostatitis: This condition results in inflammation and swelling, and occurs in the prostate gland. Prostatitis can be caused by a bacterial infection that can be cured through antibiotics. If you are diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, however, this is a long-term problem that will require more help than medication can offer.
- Prostatectomy. There are several different types of prostatectomies, and you may be experiencing a complication from yours if you’ve had one. Many men deal with urinary incontinence after a prostatectomy.
- Pudendal Neuralgia: Your pudendal nerve travels through your pelvic floor muscles. If those muscles are too tight, this nerve can become irritated. If this nerve is compressed for too long, you may begin experiencing painful symptoms.
How can pelvic floor rehabilitation help me?
When you arrive at our Jefferson, NC office, one of our pelvic physical therapists will evaluate your medical history and ask you a series of questions regarding your pelvic pain symptoms.
They will also perform a thorough evaluation that includes watching you walk, squat, bend over, and breathe, all to observe for any mobility deficits, muscle imbalances, or postural dysfunction.
Strength, endurance, flexibility, and motor control of the pelvic floor muscles will also be evaluated to help in determining the best route for your treatment plan. Your physical therapist will use a variety of treatment methods to provide relief for you, including biofeedback, target stretches, and breathing exercises to help you relax your pelvic floor muscles.
If you are suffering from pelvic pain and searching for relief, your search can end here. Contact Schuster Physical Therapy in (town) at (336) 846-7227. Our skilled physical therapists will help correct your pelvic floor issues so you can get back to leading a normal life without pain!